Are you someone who relies on prescription glasses to see clearly? Whether it’s for reading, working on your computer, or simply navigating the world, your glasses are an essential part of your daily life. But what happens when you need to wear safety goggles? Perhaps you work in an environment where eye protection is crucial, or maybe you’re a DIY enthusiast. Don’t worry; you don’t have to compromise your eyesight for safety.
In this guide, we’ll show you how to wear safety goggles while wearing prescription glasses without sacrificing comfort or protection.
Understanding the Need for Safety Glasses
Before we dive into the how-tos, it’s vital to understand why safety goggles are necessary. Safety goggles are designed to shield your eyes from risks such as flying debris, chemical splashes, or harmful UV rays. These hazards can be a danger to anyone, whether you have 20/20 vision or rely on prescription glasses. The need for safety goggles should never be underestimated.
Choosing the Right Safety Goggles
Choosing appropriate safety goggles is the first step in ensuring both safety and comfort. Look for safety goggles that are designed to accommodate prescription glasses. Over-glasses goggles are designed to provide enough room to fit your glasses underneath. Preferably choose goggles with anti-fog and scratch-resistant coating for clear vision and durability.
Properly Wearing Safety Goggles with Glasses
Now, let’s move to the nitty-gritty of how to wear glasses as you normally would.
- Clean Your Glasses: Start with clean, smudge-free glasses. This will ensure that your vision isn’t compromised.
- Put on Your Prescription Glasses: Wear your prescription glasses as you normally would.
- Position the Safety Goggles: Hold your safety goggles in a way that they won’t touch your glasses. Place them over your glasses, making sure they don’t squeeze or press against your face or your glasses frames.
- Adjust for Comfort: Ensure that the goggles are snug but not too tight. The adjustable straps should be secure but not constricting.
- Double-Check the Seal: Make sure there’s a proper seal around your eyes to prevent any debris or substances from entering.
- Test Your Vision: Move your head and eyes around to confirm that your vision remains clear. Adjust the goggles if needed.
Contact Atlantic for Construction Safety Equipment, Goggles, & PPE for All Indoor & Outdoor Sites
With locations across the East Coast, Atlantic Equipment helps construction sites of all sizes stock up on the safety tools and personal protection equipment needed to do the job efficiently and safely. Atlantic Equipment has everything you need to keep your team safe from high-visibility vests to safety glasses. Visit our website to browse our selection, or call us at 800-543-3350 for more information!